Sunday, May 15, 2011

Love All the Animals

     What you see here is the beginning of an article I am working on. This quote sets the tone and is a metaphor for the material. I have been an advocate for animals all of my life. If you have read some of the posts I have written, you will understand why this quote caught my attention. At some point I will be including more excerpts from my article.

DOMINION OR KINSHIP

“Called Forth from the Same Darkness”
By

Rev. Pamela Wolf

Love all God’s Creatures, the whole of it and every grain of sand.
Love every leaf, every ray of God’s light! Love the animals, love
the plants love everything. And if you love everything you will
perceive the divine mystery in things. And once you have perceived it,
you will begin to comprehend it ceaselessly more and more every day.
And you will at last come to love the whole world with an abiding
universal love.
                               
     Father Zossima in Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov



No comments:

Post a Comment